It is quite clear that we are not going to be able to rely on a single magic bullet, and that the successful treatments of RAS cancers will involve the simultaneous targeting of multiple vulnerabilities."
- Dr. Dafna Bar-Sagi, Ph.D.
About TEZCAT Laboratories:
TEZCAT Laboratories is committed to the research and development of novel therapies to treat Ras cancers with high unmet needs, such as colorectal cancer. Our biologics will act on a novel protein target to simultaneously block two critical cancer processes:
- Nutrient Scavenging via Macropinocytosis
- YAP1 Signaling
Our technology has an additional benefit in that it aims to leverage a metabolic adaptation of Ras cancer cells, enabling site-specific drug delivery directly to the tumor cells while leaving healthy tissue unaffected.
Born out of NYU Langone Health, our team is committed to refining and delivering our leading-edge technology from bench to bedside. TEZCAT Laboratories has been accepted into the 2018 Entrepreneurship Lab (ELab) Program, an initiative of NYC's Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC)
- Macropinocytosis: A Metabolic Adaptation to Nutrient Stress in Cancer
- Macropinocytosis Exploitation by Cancers and Cancer Therapeutics
- Macropinocytosis of protein is an amino acid supply route in Ras-transformed cells
- Human pancreatic cancer tumors are nutrient poor and tumor cells actively scavenge extracellular protein
- YAP1 and TAZ Control Pancreatic Cancer Initiation in Mice by Direct Up-regulation of JAK–STAT3 Signaling
- Yap1 activation enables bypass of oncogenic Kras addiction in pancreatic cancer
- Role of YAP and TAZ in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and in stellate cells associated with cancer and chronic pancreatitis
- The RAS and YAP1 dance, who is leading?
- Downstream of Mutant KRAS, the Transcription Regulator YAP Is Essential for Neoplastic Progression to Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma